Saturday 19 January 2008

Rain

Well it's been a pretty uninspiring last couple of weeks with horrendous weather and much wishful yearning for dry rock and trips abroad. I haven't been outside for almost 2 weeks and have been mostly messing about indoors doing some general bouldering and not psyched for much at all.

I got fed up of going to walls and sorted myself a new key for the Dispensary (a training venue we built around March 07'. I hadn't used it in about 6 months or so, maybe longer, so wasn't expecting too much in terms of performance. I was quite happy to get a good 2-3 hour session out of it including 5 complete laps of a 14 move circuit that felt like it really did some good!


The hallowed board

I think my biggest failing last year and on my current project in the Cave is clearly power endurance and early fatigue on days out, where i will be quite limited in terms of decent attempts at problems or just in terms of recovery rates and volume. I think 1-2 sessions per week working on my PE over the next 4 weeks should hopefully give me a good boost and rest my tendons from always trying crimpy 3-4 move problems at or beyond my limit!

Round at Tom's yesterday, I also rigged up a pulley system and had a good assisted 1 arm deadhang workout on small edges which seems to combine well with pressups and core work.

I'm quite looking forwards to training hard this coming week before Si's birthday trip to Wales and also Mike's stag week away in France in early February. Hopefully the gains will come relatively fast from trying something different for a change and the weather will play ball for once! :)

p.s. With not much else to do, i popped into town to spend some Waterstones vouchers and came across a book by Katie Brown (she of X games/Pilgrimage fame) called "Vertical World" which features lengthy interviews with well known US climbers. It's quite inspiring to read with lots of history, opinions and many good photographs, so I'll look forward to reading the rest of it this week!

1 comment:

Ghostface said...

How sexy is our board in that light. She's so beautiful! I must brush the mould off her face soon. Crush tuesday....