Monday 7 January 2008

08 off to a flying start

It's good to start 08 injury free and psyched for my goals!

I was really looking forwards to a trip to font with The Bear, but rain put a stop to it and i went with Si and Tom to stay over with uncle Andy for 3 days of shitstone ledge shuffling!

Wednesday was great as we went to Crag Y and crushed some quality 7A-7B's, Si got real close on a highish 7A that he will undoubtedly tick next time we go.















Thursday was a bit mad with heavy snow covering the Peaks, and we trekked over to the Plantation to find about 3 salvageable problems. While the others played about on the Green Traverse, I ate all my food and took some photos! The food woke me up a bit and I ventured over to try Brad Pitt with Rich.



The top holds were wet but all the start and ramp were boners with great friction, so we cleaned off the top holds and let that psycho Rich run across the ice-topped boulders to get a mat in place. Spent about an hour on it and me and Rich could both get into the rail, but matching comfortably proved a bit hard! Fatigued quite fast on it, so in the end we went off to try Deliverance which was also snow topped and had bad ice and water problems on all the footholds! Gave it a few goes anyway and got very close even without being able to use the left foot at all, so quite looking forward to getting back there soon.



Since then, I haven't done much save work all weekend at Awful Walls to earn some $. Felt good on the fingerboard yesterday, and had a lazy day today. Tomorrow is looking bad, so me and the Hitman are heading the Cave and i can hopefully get stuck back into Rock Attrocity! Hopefully all those mince pies haven't affected things too much.

No comments: