Tuesday 2 November 2010

Motivated

After Sunday's board session I was super psyched today for some Peak Grit action but when we awoke it was dark/gim and the forecast was for bad weather sweeping across West to East by 12. The plans were changed and I met Dave down the wall a little later on.

I was keen for another session on the 45 to see if i could be a little less of a punter today and remembering to bring some Dragons in and sack off the solutions was a great idea! I could do a few moves on screwons and my feet occasionly remained in contact with the board.

I didn't really have a structure to the session other than make a few things up and then attempt linking them once I had the moves down with timed rests of about 3 mins between each attempt.

My skin was nowhere near as bad as on Sunday so I could spend more than a second on things before exploding off. It was good for Dave to notice my susceptibility to unconsciously dropping knees or twisting on the board, so I did attempt to climb as open as possible on most things today and I noticed a little improvement.

I also littered the board with a few more 2 finger pockets and stood aghast as the Pinn cruised around the board like a silver maned Iker Pou! I don't know if magaluf is quite ready for this tempest!

Anyway I guess I haven't written anything related to the title of this post.. so in essence i am psyched to be on the 45 board again without my fingers screaming/swelling or hurting too much. My shoulder stopped aching today too which was nice and I may have another session tomorrow seeing as all trips to the cave are off!

I don't think the board climbing is going to relate to things I'm working in the cave but it may give me the extra bit of strength & body tension necessary to slay some old nemesis' this winter such as T crack and Brad Pitt and with any luck some short testpieces in switzerland and font at the end of the year.

No comments: