Thursday 12 August 2010

WWLD

I've been on a bit of a low for the last couple of weeks patiently waiting for my dodgy finger to sort itself out so I can begin rehab climbing without reprecussions. It has been assessed by the ever helpful Matt Donnelly and he says the extensor hood + some other bits below have been antagonised greatly by my actions!

I was going to head out today with Owen, Sam and Sean to the S Lakes to try my hand at some V0-V2's at Woodwell middle as well as getting some footage of the others but the rainy start and my finger still not feeling good when closed put paid to this.

I was about to make another cup of tea and read a book, when I was suddenly hit with a massive motivation to return to climbing stronger and in better shape than ever before and sort out my posture/shoulders/elbows at the same time... No more moping around!

I put the powerbar in place, got the weights out as well as 2 large novels and got to work...

Thought a good training circuit would do wonders if I can keep it up 3-4 days a week while I wait to be able to bear down.

Started off with weights:
3 sets of 10 side raises; 3 sets of 10 front raises; 3 sets of 12 curl into shoulder press; 3 sets of 12 bicep curls; 3 sets of 12 bent over rows (on each arm for all)

Then moved on to a Pressup/pullup/leg raises circuit:
- utilising the 2 novels with fingers over the edge to avoid pressing on my dodgy finger I was able to do deep pressups pain free!
- Did 15 pressups/15 pullups/15 leg raises then 12/8/6/4/2 without stopping and then collapsed feeling slightly sick

I'm so out of shape that gains will be easily had, which is further motivation to now stick with this. It would be nice to get rid of the ill looking hunchback physique and draw inspiration from the great man:



Inspired by Louey I enjoyed a fantastic lunch and then began to read Tolstoy's War and peace in the back garden as the sun shone through the clouds and it turned from sketchy rain to really quite pleasant. I had a snooze on the reclining garden chair and when I awoke there was only one thing on my mind...

I hit up a filter coffee and watched Between the trees and was massively inspired once again by the sheer beastliness of Ty and decided 1 session a day is pitiful. I grabbed my shoes & chalkbag and made the 1hr 15 bus and walk journey to the wall to have a great beastmaker & pullup bar session, managing to get a good workout without having to use the finger of doom!

A request to Maisonbleau for a weeks booking in late September has just been sent, so hopefully it's still available and font trip #3 will be ON!

No comments: