Monday 23 August 2010

What to do

Well I've not really been up to much save for continuing the weights/core/pressups sessions and tentative climbing sessions...

Tuesday 17th

I had a trip out to the Roaches/Ramshaw which consisted of walking around wet boulders with Davos Deeros providing the tour in the mist and rain. We soon gave up and made a trip to Awful Walls Stoke.

The centre was quite nice and I basically stuck to easy circuits downstairs before moving on to some jug hauling upstairs. The highlight of the day was hot chocolate Muffin and Ice Cream afterwards! The finger was ok the next day, encouraging.

Thursday 19th

I hit up Woodwell and Warton with O, Sean and Sam. I stuck to soloing the highball v0-v2 routes whilst the others played on the steep stuff.

Sean had a great day climbing his first 7c+ with an impressively smooth ascent of Goode Poison and then to my surprise he totally crushed E-Fix on the flash. One to watch!

Owen should have climbed E-Fix but had trouble converting the moves into a tick and we moved over to Woodwell

I gave Hoppo the beta for AOSD and then went off to scare myself on more highball vo-v4's along the path to the right of Tom's roof.

Sunday 22nd

I had a short session after work on the step wall repeating the easy shit up to blues then flashing a black v5/6 which had big slopey holds bar 1 RH crimp. I felt ok after and moved upstairs to do some beastmakering minus the RH middle, followed by core/pullups/pressups.

I woke up this morning and my finger feels really shit again and inflamed, almost as bad as after that cave session about 3 weeks ago which was when I last really climbed. It's frustrating beyond belief and I don't know whether to sack off doing any climbing until the 13th Sep and just do Yellow circuits for 2 weeks. I've already paid for accomodation in Dartmoor next weekend, so will probably end up filming and drinking for 4 days. I don't know what the best thing to do is apart from rest now as I've tried gradual stress rather than completely stopping and it hasn't shown any sign of improving.

I've read One Move too many and come to the conclusion it could be any number of things! Tendovaginitis/sheath tears/small fracture/Synovial fluid overload...etc

I might try and go the doctor's tomorrow but fear I will just get a generic 'rest and ibuprofen' answer.

No comments: