Monday 17 May 2010

The turning point

Having recently had a bit of time to spare, I read 9 out of 10 climbers by Dave Macleod cover to cover as well as 'How to climb 3 grades harder' by Mick Ward. One thing was glaringly obvious. I am pathetically unfit in terms of climbing more than 10 moves and have poor recovery.

To improve, I really need to get some fitness and figured the best way to work on a glaring weakness is to attack it head on.

Being a bit jaded and demotivated recently on bouldering days out, it is probably as good a time as any to mix things up, so I purchased a harness last week and today a rope seeing as I haven't owned one for a few years. Stage 1 complete!

I did one day out at Llanymynfach last year and managed to drag my way up a 6b+, 7a and soft 7b fully pumped on every one of them at the chains!

Wednesday I'm off to Kilnsey to start stage 2 and to see if I can find a 7b+ to climb. Getting the top of anything will be a major bonus and I'll no doubt feel uber weak watching John M, Dave P and Smooth Pete crushing all over the place!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't worry Rich. One day at Kilnsey laughing at me failing will make you feel like a wad!