Tuesday 9 February 2010

Back once again

To the Barrow of Trow with Strong Smiley Dave, he of the silver mane.

As we headed up the M6 in glorious sunshine and clear skies... our concerns briefly grew when we started to get a bit of light rain outside Lancaster. Luckily there was no need to worry as temps were good and more importantly the Shelterstone was bone!

A quick warmup showing Dave all the classics on Red Wall went smoothly but for some reason he wasn't that inspired and wanted to make haste to some large boulder we passed on the way in.

I recognised it almost instantly and threw the regulation laps of Funk phenomena, Vitruvian (getting a massive random palm flapper in the process on my LH!?) and Pit Problem. Dave crushed; getting the funk, burling the pit problem and then finally grasping defeat from the jaws of victory by dropping the TOP of Vitruvian man (the big jug!). I was impressed by his ability to get things done fast (something the Crouch is unfamiliar with... as I prefer to piss the moves in overlapping halves then fail to link things for months).

I had one go of Iron Man and got into the stand holds from the shitter, only to find I was buttering that pinch all over in spite of it being Zero degrees C! I decided to sack and focus, went round back and after 2 near misses, brawled my way up Texas Hold Em for a very satisfying nemesis problem tick! (The list has now shortened to T Crack, Handy Andys and Wavelength!)

Flush with success I tackled the 6C/V5 groove which has always felt the living end. I recalled a vision me and the Donnelly had at the end of last session and with fresher arms it went down after a couple of false slaps at the top. This left a nice link to tidy things up and it went down without a hitch from the Iron Man sitter.

The warm down involved doing the wheelbarrow moves into the groove but my bad skin shut down the redpoint, greasing off the pit problem setup into the slap up.

1 comment:

GCW said...

The holds on Vitruvian are in condition completely at random, very strange.
Handy Andy's is horrendous!