Monday 3 November 2008

Lists and Focus!

I have had a fairly relaxed time over the last couple of weeks pottering about different venues ticking off volume, rather than attempting to push myself too hard! I think this is a good thing... where I am relaxed and not fearing failure or a lack of progression in my climbing. Whilst in this semi-rehab stage, my mind wandered to what I would like to get done over the next couple of months and for 2009!

I am unsure as to whether font/albaraccin is a good call for next February and Easter, as all of the problems I am inspired to climb due to aesthetics/basic style of moves/rock type/location are all in Switzerland! The plan may be to climb a lot more in the UK (mainly Wales/Lakes) and save up for 1 big trip to Swiss as opposed to lots of shorter jaunts where projecting becomes harder to do with weather, time and more importantly skin restrictions.

To help focus on this idea of localised climbing and a big trip to Switzerland I made a bit of a top 10 wishlist of problems that I feel may be possible with enough training and injury avoidance!

For the UK:

1. Jerry's Roof (The pass)
2. Lou Ferrino (cave)
3. Trigger Cut (cave)
4. Jess's Roof (Almscliff)
5. Fallen Idol (roche)
6. Lizard King (The pass)
7. Be Ruthless (pantymwyn)
8. Sparks (pantymwyn)
9. Hurricane (curbar)
10. Pit of Hell (cave)

Abroad:

1. Vitruvian Man (chironico)
2. Super Nova (magic)
3. Piranja (magic)
4. Cote de Seshuan (magic)
5. Never ending story pt2 (magic)
6. Hoenrausch (magic)
7. Muttertag (magic)
8. Octopussy (magic)
9. Doctor Crimp (chironico)
10. Birds (chironico)

Just reading the lists gets me psyched enough to rest and train hard. Hopefully I can get a couple of the UK ones done before the year is out, to give me a head start for next years ambitious goals.

For now, I will go to tkmaxx and purchase some horribly strong crushing attire in strikingly garish colours, then off to the wall to train.

No comments: